Lebanese American University Study Arabic Online Summer Session
About the Program
This program is virtual and will take place online for Summer 2022.
Study Arabic Online is a program that simulates a classroom setting using the latest tools for effective virtual language acquisition. The program provides a number of credit-based course options at various levels in Arabic as a second language. All courses are organized according to ACTFL standards and are delivered by SINARC instructors who are native speakers with years of teaching experience, specializing in reading, writing, and verbal communication. You can expect plenty of live teacher interaction, animated lectures, and interactive exercises along with a rich virtual culture immersion component.
Final program details will be published by the partner institution that manages this program and are generally updated on their program webpage. However, you must apply through Go Global to be considered for this program and ensure you follow the appropriate transfer credit process.
Please note that credit will only be granted for the credited Arabic language program. Each 45-hour credit course is equivalent to 3 credits at UBC.
A language placement test is given prior to the start of classes and students are placed in the appropriate course level. For this reason, the year level obtained cannot be guaranteed in advance.
Transfer credits are only granted for courses with academic content and may not be granted for cultural activities or some language courses. Please speak to an academic advisor if you have any questions.
Transfer credits and evaluated courses at this university
Check out the courses that previous students have transferred back to UBC in the last 5 years using our Course Search Tool. If you don't see a particular course you listed, it simply means you need to submit it as a new course request through the Transfer Credit Portal while on your Go Global experience. For more information, please visit the Go Global Transfer Credit webpage.
Not all courses listed are offered through the summer program at this partner institution. The tool is for reference only–research the partner's website for actual course offerings.
Tuition and Fees
You will pay tuition directly to the partner institution for this program.
The partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, social activities or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
- Complete your research about the summer abroad program and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria (UBCV / UBCO), including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above.
- Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice. If selecting a program that has limited enrolment (e.g. "Summer Exchange"), include a second choice as a backup on the same application by selecting the "Add Item" button.
- Where applicable, select the "Summer Exchange" experience to pay tuition to UBC or the "Study Abroad" experience to pay tuition to the partner institution. If you select "Summer Exchange", be sure to include a backup choice.
- If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program, a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application(s) and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution(s).
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted, after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university.
If you are considering applying for a Go Global program and identify with having a disability or pre-existing health condition (mental or physical) which could impact your participation, or if you require academic accommodation, you can contact the following offices and meet with an Accessibility Advisor before the start of your program:
The Centre for Accessibility (Vancouver) 604 822-5844
Disability Resource Centre (Okanagan) 250 807-8053
Go Global Fee Adjustment Policy for Summer Abroad
The Go Global Fee ($415.00 CDN) is an administrative fee required for all applicants to Go Global programs. The fee is non-refundable. However, it may be adjusted under the following circumstances.
If you are not matched to a partner university
You are eligible to have your Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $93.25 (reduced by $321.75) if:
You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
If you withdraw from Go Global
To withdraw from your Go Global program, you must contact Go Global by email to request withdrawal. You will then be asked to complete a short withdrawal form.
Students who withdraw from Go Global by the relevant deadline below, will have their Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $321.75 (reduced by $93.25).
March 30: For summer programs
June 30: For UBC Winter Term 1 and Full-Year exchange
September 30: For UBC Winter Term 2 and Split-Year exchange
If you have questions, please connect with your Go Global advisor or email Go Global at email@example.com.
Contact Go Global
In-person and Virtual Drop-in advising hours
- Tuesday: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Wednesday: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Go Global offers both in-person and virtual drop-in advising through Zoom during the times listed above.
The program will run from June to July.