Copenhagen Business School International Summer University Program (ISUP)
About the Program
Take courses taught by outstanding academics during the summer term. Most courses include active involvement of senior executives from Danish and multinational companies.
Final program details will be published by the partner institution that manages this program and are generally updated on their program webpage. However, you must apply through Go Global to be considered for this program and ensure you follow the appropriate transfer credit process.
You will enroll in a maximum of 15 ECTS credits. Please note that 2 ECTS credits = 1 UBC credit.
Transfer credits are only granted for courses with academic content and may not be granted for cultural activities or intensive language courses. Please speak to a departmental advisor if you have any questions.
Transfer credits and evaluated courses at this university
Check out the courses that previous students have transferred back to UBC in the last 5 years using our Course Search Tool. If you don't see a particular course you listed, it simply means you need to submit it as a new course request through the Transfer Credit Portal while on your Go Global experience. For more information, please visit the Go Global Transfer Credit webpage.
Not all courses listed are offered through the summer program at this partner institution. The tool is for reference only–research the partner's website for actual course offerings.
Tuition and Fees
There are a limited number of exchange spaces available for Commerce students only, which will be assessed on a competitive basis. Under exchange, students pay UBC tuition for the number of credits they enroll in for this program. Non-Commerce students, including Management students at UBCO, and students not selected to use an exchange space will pay tuition directly to the partner institution.
In both cases, the partner institution may charge other program fees such as application fees, housing costs, field trips, cultural activities, or other costs associated with hosting this program. Please check the partner webpage for details of program costs.
How to apply to a Go Global Summer Program
- Complete your research about the summer abroad program and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria (UBCV / UBCO), including any partner or program-specific requirements.
- Apply online by the Go Global deadline listed above.
- Please submit only one application for the summer program of your choice. If selecting a program that has limited enrolment (e.g. "Summer Exchange"), include a second choice as a backup on the same application by selecting the "Add Item" button.
- Where applicable, select the "Summer Exchange" experience to pay tuition to UBC or the "Study Abroad" experience to pay tuition to the partner institution. If you select "Summer Exchange", be sure to include a backup choice.
- If you plan to do multiple experiences (e.g. more than one summer program, a term exchange and a summer program, etc.), please submit a separate application for each experience. Our team will review your application(s) and if successful, will nominate you to apply to the partner institution(s).
- Pay the Go Global Fee when prompted, after the application deadline.
- If successfully nominated by Go Global, you will receive instructions on how to apply to the partner university.
If you are considering applying for a Go Global program and identify with having a disability or pre-existing health condition (mental or physical) which could impact your participation, or if you require academic accommodations, you can contact the following offices and meet with an Accessibility Advisor before the start of the program:
- The Centre for Accessibility (Vancouver) 604 822-5844
- Disability Resource Centre (Okanagan) 250 807-8053
Go Global Fee Adjustment Policy for Summer Abroad
The Go Global Fee ($415.00 CDN) is an administrative fee required for all applicants to Go Global programs. The fee is non-refundable. However, it may be adjusted under the following circumstances.
If you are not matched to a partner university
You are eligible to have your Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $93.25 (reduced by $321.75) if:
You have applied to Go Global but do not meet our minimum eligibility requirements
Go Global cannot match you to a partner university
The partner university does not accept your application and Go Global cannot find another option
If you withdraw from Go Global
To withdraw from your Go Global program, you must contact Go Global by email to request withdrawal. You will then be asked to complete a short withdrawal form.
Students who withdraw from Go Global by the relevant deadline below, will have their Go Global fee adjusted from $415.00 to $321.75 (reduced by $93.25).
March 30: For summer programs
June 30: For UBC Winter Term 1 and Full-Year exchange
September 30: For UBC Winter Term 2 and Split-Year exchange
If you have questions, please connect with your Go Global advisor or email Go Global at email@example.com.
Contact Go Global
In-person and Virtual Drop-in advising hours
- Tuesday: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Wednesday: 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Go Global offers both in-person and virtual drop-in advising through Zoom during the times listed above.
Partner InstituitionCopenhagen Business School
Late June through early August